Tuesday 16 September 2008

DuhSean, welcome to the NFL

Given that I’ve never actually played american football in any form whatsoever, and that my hand-eye co-ordination is roughly equal to that of a three-legged, blind goat, it’d be rich of me to offer current college prospects who are hoping to make a career in the NFL any advice whatsoever.

But I’m about to do it anyway.

Kids, on the off chance that you get drafted to the NFL with the 18th pick of the second round, and you immediately make an impact on the depth chart, and your second game is against the bitter divisional rivals of the franchise who drafted you, and at a key moment in the first half when trailing by a single point your quarterback slings you an inch-perfect long pass which you catch without breaking stride... don’t start celebrating your first touchdown until you’re, you know, in the endzone.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Philadelphia Eagles rookie, DeSean Jackson.

No comments: